The University of Maryland Extension SNAP-Ed program has a variety of curricula used for nutrition education. Visit the links below to access each curricula.
Dig In! is a gardening and nutrition curriculum designed for grades 5 and 6. Dig In is a Team Nutrition curriculum. To access through Team Nutrition, visit: http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/dig-standards-based-nutrition-education-ground .
- Dig In curriculum
- Lesson 1 – The World of Edible Plants
- Lesson 2 – Farm to Plate
- Lesson 3 – Healthy from the Ground Up
- Lesson 4 – Seeking Out What We Need
- Lesson 5 – Eat Your Colors
- Lesson 6 – The Global Garden
- Lesson 7 – Chef Challenge
- Lesson 8 – Fruits and Veggies Many Ways
- Lesson 9 – The Power of Choice
- Lesson 10 – Harvest Celebration
Edible ABC’s is a curriculum targeting preschool aged children and connects the letters of the alphabet with healthy foods and physical activity.
- Edible ABC’s curriculum
- Edible ABC’s Virtual Learning Resource Guide
- Edible ABC’s parent letter (English and Spanish combined)
- Edible ABC’s Student Handout (English and Spanish combined)
- Edible ABC’s I Tried It half-page (I Moved My Body half-page)
- Edible ABC’s Picture Cards
- Good For You cards
- Edible ABC’s stickers
- Edible ABC’s Alphabet Activities
Grow It, Try It, Like It!
Grow It, Try It, Like It! is a garden-themed curriculum targeted for use with young children. Grow It, Try It, Like It is a Team Nutrition curriculum. To access through Team Nutrition, visit: https://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/grow-it-homes.
- Grow It, Try It, Like It curriculum
- Strawberry Patch
- Spinach Lane
- Cantaloupe Corner
- Crookneck Squash Row
- Peach Tree Orchard
- Sweet Potato Hill
- Grow It, Try It, Like It Basics
- Tasty Acres Farm Map
- Grow It, Try It, Like It Picture Cards
Growing Healthy Habits
Growing Healthy Habits is a garden-based nutrition education curriculum targeting youth audiences.
- Growing Healthy Habits curriculum
- Growing Healthy Habits Virtual Resource Guide
- Parts of the Plant Poster (Cut Outs for Poster)
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Guide for Growing Healthy Habits
Healthy Kids Out of School Curriculum
- Healthy Kids Out of School curriculum
- Session 1 – Snack Smart Taste Test
- Session 2 – Talk Test
- Session 3 – Move More Activity Plan
- Session 4 – Fuel Foods
- Session 5 – Sugar Detectives
- Session 6 – Why Water Wins
- Session 7 – Healthy Kids Out of School Challenge
Market to Mealtime Kids
Read for Health
Read for Health is a is a language arts-based nutrition and physical activity education curriculum for elementary school students.
- Read for Health curriculum
- Read for Health Virtual Resources Guide
- Newsletters — English only (Spanish only)
- Newsletters — Spanish and English combined
- Social Media Content
ReFresh is a curriculum specifically for 4th and 5th grade students.
- ReFresh full curriculum
- ReFresh Virtual Resources Guide
- ReFresh Your School: Student-led projects for creating a healthy school environment
- Resource Appendix
- Recipe Appendix
- Connecting to Families Social Media Content (all months)
- Conversation Starters