Lessons and Resources
SNAP-Ed provides a wide variety of nutrition curricula and resource materials to support nutrition education programming. This section of the toolkit includes:
- SNAP-Ed developed curricula. SNAP-Ed has a wide variety curricula available for use in the classroom setting or with after school programming.
- Eat Smart Newsletters. Eat Smart newsletters are a great way to connect parents with nutrition education that is taking place in the classroom. Use these newsletters to reinforce your nutrition lessons in the classroom.
- School Spotlight. See how other schools are making positive changes at their school.
- Wellness Policies. Learn about a school wellness policy and how to ensure that your school’s wellness policy includes guidelines on on healthy foods and physical activity.
- Teachers as Role Models. Teachers can be positive role models for nutrition and physical inside their classroom.
- Summer Meals. Summer meals play an important role in ensuring students do not go hungry when school is not in session.