Healthy eating and physical activity are important for teachers too! We are better able to do our jobs when we are feeling our best. Healthy eating and physical activity during the work day can help reduce sick day absences, relieve stress, and provide greater job satisfaction. Teachers can also be important role models for these behaviors too!
Making time for wellness can be tough for busy teachers. The ideas below can help create energy around worksite wellness.
- Explore ideas and resources for healthy eating during the workday: Eat Well at Work
- Find creative ways to be active at school: Move More at Work
- Plan with your colleagues to make water easily accessible, and challenge one another to drink more water: Fuel Your Body with Water
- Find out what types of wellness activities interests your colleagues: Worksite Wellness Interest Survey
- Create a sense of community around Worksite Wellness: Building a Healthier Me Stickers
- Keep one another motivated to reach your health and wellness goals: