Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) is a federally-funded program providing fresh fruits and vegetables to children at eligible elementary schools during the school day. Through this program, schools make fruit and vegetable snacks a regular part of the school day, introduce children to new and interesting varieties of fresh fruits and vegetables, and have ample opportunities to teach about fresh produce!
If your school participates in this program, take advantage of these resources to expand its impact!
- Watch this training video on Trying New Foods in the Classroom
- Display the Tasting Rules poster in your classroom
- Watch this training video on Nutrition Education Resources for FFVP
- Send home a letter to parents to explain the program and how they can promote fruits and vegetables at home
- Share the items served through with parents via social media using this template
- Promote FFVP selections on video announcements using this template
- Share this toolkit with your FFVP site coordinator, administrator, or wellness team and schedule a meeting to explore resources together!